Medomak Arts is the steward organization of 13 Friendship Street, community arts center for Waldoboro and the Medomak region. Our mission is to foster imagination, creativity and a sense of community for all members of this region.
By partnering with artists and local organizations to carry out this work, we hope to encourage more resilient and economically competitive communities on Maine’s midcoast, develop a strong sense of creative placemaking, encourage arts engagement, and strengthen cultural awareness. Through these efforts, the region will become a place where all community members have the chance to connect and cultivate their creativity.
- Medomak Arts supports teachers and arts instructors in local public school systems and after-school programs.
- 13 Friendship Street is host to art and artisan workshops and courses facilitated by Medomak Arts and community partners throughout the year.
- Through the Community Calendar, Medomak Arts highlights the region's cultural, creative, and historical assets to build both greater awareness and a creative sense of place.
- Besides arts education, Medomak Arts serves as a community "imagination box" featuring public and private events organized by local townspeople, helping to develop meaningful creative placemaking.
- Through art & dance classes, music nights, local food tastings, art walks and more, Medomak Arts coordinates monthly and annual events that bring the Waldoboro community together in a safe, welcoming, artistically-infused space in the central downtown area.