13 Friendship Street
13 Friendship Street is Waldoboro's hub for making, learning, and connecting. Located in the downtown Village of Waldoboro, the space hosts community workshops, the Sunshine Morning Bakery, art showings, painting, dancing & writing classes, music nights and other fascinating events for the midcoast region. Events range from local food and beverage tastings, craft workshops, art classes and musical entertainment. Events run from one night to multi-week schedules and beyond. The most exciting part? They're run by you, which adds to the vibrancy of our historic Waldoboro downtown.
Rent at Medomak Arts
Use this space for your workshop or event. The space is 1334 ft2 and has a seating and standing capacity of 65. With hardwood floors, exposed brick, good acoustics, and a great downtown location, it's a prime space for local workshops, meetings, presentations, events, and more.
Additional items for rent include:
- Additional chairs
- Wireless internet
- PA system
- HD projector and 5' x 9' projection screen
Amenities included with rental fee:
- Bar and serving area
- 25 chairs
- 4 banquet tables
Rental fees are priced to keep the space open to community use. We at Medomak Arts put an emphasis on having quality arts programming at No. 13, and so we offer a generous split for renters who focus on this kind of programming. No matter the event, all renters must abide by the house rules listed below.
If you represent a local organization or association hoping to use this space for meetings, please contact us directly via email or phone.
Classes and Workshops
Art Classes and Workshops:
• No base rental fee ($25 deposit to reserve space)
• Proceeds split 70% renter / 30% Medomak Arts
Other Classes and Workshops:
• $20 / hr + Setup / Cleanup Fee*
• $15 / hr + Setup / Cleanup Fee* for commitments of 8 or more hours over the same number of weeks
Public and Private Events
• $25 / hr + Setup / Cleanup Fee*
• $40 / hr + Setup / Cleanup Fee*
*Setup / Cleanup Fee: $30
This fee may be waived if the renter handles setup and cleanup.
- No smoking on the premises or inside the building.
- No alcohol may be sold on premises without a necessary catering license.
- The Space at No. 13 is also an art gallery; be mindful that your activities do not have the potential to damage the work on display.
- Space is limited to 50 people standing and seated.
- Parking is behind the building and on Friendship, Jefferson, and Main streets.
- Hours of use are 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Be respectful of the residential character of the area; limit noise and traffic accordingly.
- Art shows and exhibits will use the existing hanging system. Speak with No. 13 staff if other accommodations are needed.
- Windows, doorways, and fire exits must be kept clear.
- Once No. 13 has a PA system and projector, this equipment will be set up by No. 13 staff and be the responsibility of the renter during use. Any damage to the rented equipment will require immediate compensation for replacement.